Your Instagram bio is all about making that impactful first impression. Most people quickly scan your bio and photos before deciding whether or not they should follow you. If your Instagram bio is enticing, users might decide to engage with your content or follow your account. If it isn’t, you might lose their interest… forever. Okay, well, maybe not forever but at least until you make some major changes. In this article, we’ll break down what a bio is, how to write one, and some cool Instagram bio tricks. But most importantly, we’ll give you some Instagram bio ideas that you can literally copy and paste onto your profile. (Don’t worry, we won’t tell anyone — it’ll be our little secret.)
- What is an Instagram Bio?
- Instagram Bio Template to Follow
- 4 Instagram Bio Tricks to Try
- 200+ Instagram Bio Ideas That’ll Up Your Instagram Game
- Cool Instagram Bios
- Best Instagram Bios
- Creative Instagram Bios
- Instagram Bio Ideas With Emoji
- Instagram Bio Ideas for Girls
- Instagram Bio Ideas for Boys
- Best Instagram Bio to Get Followers
- Great Instagram Bios
- Instagram Bio Puns
- Simple Bio for Instagram
- Funny Instagram Bios
- Cute Instagram Bios
- Perfect Bio for Instagram
- Business Bio for Instagram
- Bio Captions
- Myself Quotes for Instagram Bio
- Swag Bio for Instagram
- Instagram Bio Quotes
- Instagram Bio Quotes Short
- Instagram Bio Text
- Instagram Bio Inspiration
- Instagram Bio for Fashion
- Fitness Bio for Instagram
- Instagram Bio for Models
- Travel Bio for Instagram
- Instagram Bio Examples
- Want to Learn More?
What is an Instagram Bio?
An Instagram bio is the small area underneath your username for you to share some details about yourself or your brand. Your Instagram bio can include a brief self or brand description, contact information, emojis, hashtags and more. Here’s an example of the best bio on Instagram:
Marie Forleo has a strong Insta bio. The first line is used to describe who she is ‘CEO. Writer. #MarieTV. Fancy Dancer’ by highlighting some of her roles. The second line of her cool bio is used for social proof ‘Named by Oprah “Thought leader for next generation”’ this could also be used to convince people she’s worth following. The third line of this short bio for Instagram describes what she does by telling people what she can offer ‘Learn to get *anything* you want.’ And the last line is her CTA which mentions ‘Free download.’ which points down to her link. She included two emojis as well to make the text easier to read and draw the eyes to a focal point. If you’re looking for Instagram bio ideas for girls, Marie Forleo’s Instagram bio formula is worth copying.
Instagram Bio Template to Follow
You can write your Instagram bio anyway you want to. Here are a few Instagram bio tips that you might want to add based on popular bios on Instagram. If you want to become an Instagram master, follow these bio tips and sign up for the free Instagram course today.
1. Include a Self Description
If you’re looking for the Instagram bio examples, Queen Latifah’s formula is worth stealing. The best Instagram bios tend to have a self-description. Things to consider adding: your job title(s) and the company you own or work for. For example, check out Queen Latifah’s Instagram bio. In the first line of her cool bio she writes, “Actor/Rapper/Singer/Producer.” When people visit her fanpage, they’ll learn that she is more than just an actor and may check out her other gigs to learn more about her. Plus, that little blue tick shows up on her page and people will immediately understand that she’s famous when visiting her Instagram account. One of the Instagram bio tips Queen Latifah teaches us is that you can learn a lot about a person even from a short bio for Instagram.
2. List Your Interests
Your Instagram bio gets scanned in seconds. You can create a good first impression by connecting with your audience. How can you do that? By sharing your interests. For example Paola Antonini’s Instagram bio shares a subtle hint about who she is and what her Instagram is all about. For her interests she shares, “Lifestyle | Travel | Gratitude.” When you see the word gratitude thrown in there, you get a little intrigued. And after scrolling through some pictures, you immediately see that she has a prosthetic leg. And much of her Instagram includes pictures of her living life, travelling and having fun making her worth following – pretty sure her 2.6 million followers also agree. The best bio will always be the one that’s easy to read and takes your most enticing interests making it two very important Instagram bio tips to copy.
If you’re the owner of a fanpage, business or you’re a public figure, your Instagram bio should include your contact information. Most people write something like ‘For business enquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.’ You can also direct people to your DM for sending messages. However, having an email address in your Instagram bio makes it easy for people to find a place to email you. The app company, A Color Story, includes their email address in their Instagram bio for easy communication making this a pretty cool Instagram bio. The whole goal of social media is to be social so making your contact information more accessible is one of those Instagram bio tips you have to follow.
4. Add a Call to Action
Whether you’re a business owner or an influencer, having a call to action in your Instagram bio is a must. Remember: you’ve got one link that you can include for users to click on. So throwing in a request to ‘sign up for my course,’ ‘check out my latest blog post,’ or ‘shop the hottest fashion products now.’ Tony Robbins’ Instagram bio example includes the CTA ‘👇Watch the Documentary 🎥’ the finger emoji points down to the link below. That’s why most people include the ask at the end of their Instagram bio to direct people to the link.
4 Instagram Bio Tricks to Try
Want to learn a few Instagram bio tricks to make your bio design pop? Here are four of the most popular ones:
1. Instagram Bio Fonts
Using a tool like LingoJam, you can easily copy and paste different Instagram bio fonts for your profile. All you need to do is type in the words you’d like in a different font, such as your name. Then, scroll through fonts until you see one you like. Then, copy and paste the font you like best and add it to your Instagram bio.
2. Instagram Bio Symbols
Using a website like CoolSymbol, you can copy and paste symbols and fancy text with a symbol click. You’ll find countless symbols ranging from stars, copyright, arrows, currency, bracket, hearts, zodiac signs and a lot more. As soon as you click on one of their symbols, it immediately gets copied allowing you to head to Instagram immediately to post it in your Instagram bio.
3. Instagram Bio Link
So, you probably already know how to add your website link in your Instagram bio. But what about when you want to add multiple links? A cool little website that’ll help you add multiple links is Linktree. All you need to do is log into your Instagram, sign up for a free plan and add the links you want. Then, when all that’s done your Instagram bio link ends up directing your visitors to a page with multiple links. Check out this example from Social Chefs:
4. Instagram Bio Space
Using the free tool by Apps4Life, you can add line breaks for your Instagram bio (or Instagram captions) and simply click the Convert button to add it to your clipboard. Then, you can head to your Instagram app and paste the text directly in your Instagram bio. Doing this is the easiest way to have an Instagram bio space. This saves you the hassle of manually creating Instagram bio space you need within the Instagram app.
200+ Instagram Bio Ideas That’ll Up Your Instagram Game
Cool Instagram Bios
- The best things come from living outside of your comfort zone
- Here’s my story for the history books
- I’m a cupcake in search for her stud muffin
- In a world where you can be anyone, be yourself
- Success is in my veins
- Yup, I’m just another Instagram influencer
- Scratch here ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ to unveil my secret bio.
- No this isn’t a dream, this is my reality
- What should I put here?
- Welcome to my world
Best Instagram Bios
- Simplicity is the key to happiness
- If I was a writer I’d have a better Instagram bio quote
- You can’t become the best without first being the worst
- In a world of worriers, be the warrior
- It won’t always be easy, but always try to do what’s right
- She turned her can’ts into cans and her dreams into plans
- Life is what happens to you while you scroll through Instagram
- A day in the life of me: Eat avocado toast, post Instagram videos, read Instagram comments
- It’s my time to step into the spotlight, I’ve earned it
- I practice what I post
Creative Instagram Bios
- Dreams 👉 Goals
- If “love is in the air” why is the air so polluted?
- It took me __ years to look like this
- Currently saying yes to new adventures
- I’m hurt but I still smile. That’s my life.
- Midnight snacker 🌝
- Everyone else was taken so this is me
- Recovering cake addict 🎂
- I make money in my sleep 🛌
- People call me Sara but you can call me tonight 😉
Instagram Bio Ideas With Emoji
- Welcome to my 👑dom
- 👇 Check out my latest blog post 👇
- 🐦: (twitter handle) 👻: (snapchat handle) 🎥: (youtube handle)
- Traveller ✈️ Book Lover 📖 Obsessed with tacos 🌮
- We love all animals 🐶 and donate a percentage of sales to marine life 🐠
- Cancer survivor 🎗️
- Personal Trainer 💪 Dancer 💃 Meditator 🧘
- Currently hanging out in 🇵🇹
- ❤️ Lover not a fighter spreading ✌️all over the 🌎
- Entrepreneur ➕ Globetrotter ➕ Motivational Speaker
Instagram Bio Ideas for Girls
- Leaving a bit of sparkle everywhere I go ✨
- I believe in making the impossible possible because there’s no fun in giving up
- Turned my dreams into my vision and my vision into my reality
- Smart. Strong. Silly. Straight up class act.
- I’m not perfect but stories are always better with a touch of imperfection
- My standards are high… just like my heels
- Me: Happy girls are the prettiest Also me: I’d like to buy 15 pounds of makeup please
- Who runs the world? ME.
- Happiness never goes out of style
- I’m a woman with ambition and a heart of gold
- I shine from within so no one can dim my light
Instagram Bio Ideas for Boys
- Living life on my own terms
- I don’t care what people think of me this is me in rawest form
- I’d rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
- Risk taker. Adventurer. Globetrotter. Living my dreams
- I might not be where I want to be yet but I get closer everyday
- One day, I hope to be a happily married old man telling wild stories from his wild youth.
- I got to where I am today by being me
- I was born to do exactly what I’m doing today
- Don’t like me? Don’t care.
- I’m out here hustlin’ to claim what’s mine
Best Instagram Bio to Get Followers
- Follow Me To Greatness
- Follow me and I’ll follow back
- thank you, come again.
- Don’t know what to do? You can start by hitting that follow button.
- Follow my [adjective] story
- Click the follow button to be part of my [adjective] journey
- Wanna know my story? Press that follow button.
- I’m on my journey. Join me by following along.
- Follow me then follow the link below!
- Pls follow us on Instagram
- My story will inspire you so be sure to hit that follow button
- Follow me to get a behind the scenes look at my life
- Follow along to witness history in the making
Great Instagram Bios
- 🍂🍃Falling for you 🍂🍃
- ☕Stressed, blessed, and coffee obsessed ☕
- Having the time of my life ⏰🎉
- Looking at the world through 🌹colored glasses
- I’m sweet like honey 🍯
- Don’t study me. You won’t graduate 🎓
- 🌟Sending my selfies to NASA because I’m a star 🌟
- Please cancel my subscription to your issues
- Status Update: Currently hungry 🍔🍟🌭🌮🥗🍪
- Kanye attitude with Drake feelings 😭
Instagram Bio Puns
- They call me Febreeze because I’m so fresh
- Don’t kale my vibe
- Follow my Instagram or I’m nacho friend anymore
- I believe in bee-ing myself
- My Instagram account is very a-peel-ing
- Seas the day
- I like to stop and smell the rosé
- I’m pawsome and currently having a purrfect day
- Spending my days in a well so I can say they’ve been well spent
- Artists never retire, they withdraw instead
- I’ve been told ‘You are what you eat.’ Guess I ate a sexy beast this morning.
- My name ain’t Mary but I’m still poppin’
Simple Bio for Instagram
- I’m the exception
- Simple but significant
- Doing better
- Rollin’ with the homies
- Livin’ a little
- Pretty & Profitable
- Life is beautiful
- Glitter is the only option
- Anything but predictable
- I see beauty in everything
- Goal: bigger smile
Funny Instagram Bios
- I apologize for anything I post while hungry
- Humble, with just a hint of Kanye
- I’d rather steal your dessert than your boyfriend
- Sassy, classy with a touch of badassy
- One day, I hope to become a grown up
- Used to think I was a tad indecisive, but now I’m not quite sure
- Life is short so I’m smiling while I’ve still got all my teeth
- My hobbies are breakfast, lunch, and dinner topped with a chocolate dessert
- Relationship status: Netflix and ice cream
- The bags under my eyes are Chanel
- Instagram bio currently loading
- I’m actually not funny. I’m just really mean but people always think I’m joking.
- I’m a social media guru. No, really, I am.
Cute Instagram Bios
- So many of my smiles are because of you
- So grateful to be sharing my world with you
- All your dreams can come true and I’ll make sure of it
- Live in the sunshine where you belong
- My life is better than my daydreams
- Sprinkling kindness everywhere I go
- I love my followers more than life itself
- Don’t regret the opportunities you were too afraid to take
- Sometimes we could always use a little magic – don’t hide the magic within you
- Every day might not be a good day but there is good in every day
Perfect Bio for Instagram
- Not like the rest of them
- Oh, you 😊
- One of a kind
- The best things in life are really expensive. You can have me for $7 billion 😉
- Aloha 🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴
- Hi. Hello. Hola. Ola. Bonjour. Ciao. Guten Tag. Namaste. Salaam.
- Life’s short, eat the cake 🍰
- Adding a little sparkle to your day ✨
- I regret nothing you see in this feed
- My greatest fear isn’t starting. My greatest fear is not making it to the top.
Business Bio for Instagram
- I believe in helping people
- Putting customers first since 2013
- Official home of (brand name) on Instagram
- 👇 FLASH SALE THIS WEEKEND ONLY – 50% 👇
- Share your photos with us using #(brand name)
- 🌎 Free international shipping
- Contact us: email@example.com
- Click the link below to shop our Instagram
- Great selection of (type of products) merch
- Check out our best sellers below
- Enjoying every second of my life, follow along and see for yourself
- When the pain passes, you eventually see how much good came out of a bad situation
- Love 💗 and Peace ✌️
- Mentally on the beach 🏖️
- If you want the tea, follow me ☕
- Dreaming bigger than my imagination can handle
- Starting over
- Just going with the flow 🌊
- I’m sparkling like my water ✨
- I don’t come with instructions but my captions are the next best thing 📚
Myself Quotes for Instagram Bio
- Keepin’ it real since 1999
- I’m as rare as the Reckon Expert outfit skin in Fortnite
- I’m a limited edition, there’s only one me
- In 2019, I’m going to be better than I’ve ever been before
- Less talking, more action. Take a look at my pictures if you don’t believe me
- I am worthy of the greatness I hold
- It’s not your job to like me, it’s mine.
- I’m awesome (don’t worry I think you are too)
- I’m not here to be average, I’m here to be the best
- Born to shine bright
- Always be yourself because an original is always more valuable than a copy
Swag Bio for Instagram
- Even if you had instructions, you still couldn’t handle me
- Anything but predictable
- Be young. Be dope. Run the show.
- I’ll remember and recover but that doesn’t mean I’ll forgive and forget
- I’d rather make mistakes than fake perfection
- I don’t wipe tears, I wipe the people who created them
- I’m like coffee: dark, bitter and too hot for you
- In a world of average, I’m savage
- It’s hard to find someone who’s smart, funny, adorable and a total badass. My only advice for you is, don’t forget to follow me
- Too glam to give a damn
- My Instagram is proof that I’m always creating a better version of myself
Instagram Bio Quotes
- Don’t care what you say about me I like the way I am
- Love without limits
- I’m suffering from an extreme case of not being a Kardashian
- Together we could be unstoppable
- In a world of darkness look up at the stars
- I’m so deep even the ocean gets jealous
- Tell me not to do something and I’ll do it twice and take pictures
- All i do is win, win, win. No matter what.
- In a world where you can have everything. Be a giver first.
- You become what you believe, so believe in yourself
Instagram Bio Quotes Short
- This is me
- Follow me
- Welcome to my Instagram
- Check out the link below
- This is my life
- I got nothing
- Screw perfect.
- Happy thoughts
- Just smiles 🙂
- Meet (name)
- This is my bio
Instagram Bio Text
- Single. Determined. Living life.
- Creating sunshine in the world
- I wonder how many calories my exes burned jumping to conclusions
- Always better together xoxo
- You’ll never shine if all you do is throw shade
- Just a little bit imperfect
- Real queens fix each other’s crowns
- Today’s the kind of day I live for
- No one’s life is as perfect as their Instagram feed
- I don’t know where I’m going but I’m going
Instagram Bio Inspiration
- Everyday I create a life I love
- When the world is dark look up to the stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
- Trying to watch more sunsets than Netflix
- I’m ready – let’s do this
- Be a flamingo in the flock of pigeons
- Making mistakes is better than faking perfection
- Sprinkling a bit of magic
- Sharing my happy thoughts
- Capture every moment
- I’m the rainbow 🌈 on the rainy day 🌧️
Instagram Bio for Fashion
- I dress as if I’m about to see my arch nemesis
- My clothes might not change the world, but I sure will
- I’ll make you stop and stare
- My clothes highlight my colorful life
- I may be a fashionista but I’m not all about labels
- Shopping is my therapy – hey, it’s cheaper 😉
- “I need new clothes.” – Me, every damn day
- My ex doesn’t go with my outfit
- Money can’t be the root of evil since shopping brings people so much happiness
- Women can look beautiful in any outfit but the right outfit can make women become powerful
Fitness Bio for Instagram
- Workout enthusiast and personal trainer
- Helping you build healthier habits
- When you feel like giving up, keep going
- You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do
- Strength comes from doing things you thought you couldn’t
- Do something today that your future self will thank you for
- Today doesn’t need your excuses. Make it happen.
- The worst workout is the one you didn’t bother to do
- Hustle for more muscle
- Train insane or remain the same
Instagram Bio for Models
- Shh… I’m a Victoria’s Secret model. It’s such a big secret, not even Victoria knows
- Full-time Instagram model – DM for business enquiries
- I’m not just a girl with a phone, I’m a model
- The prettiest smiles hide the biggest secrets
- I wear confidence on my sleeve
- The most important part of a camera is the person in front of it
- I take a lot of selfies for my future biographer
- Life is short, make every selfie count
- I don’t use filters for my photos – all real girl over here 🙂
Travel Bio for Instagram
- I might not know who I am but I know where I want to be. Right here in paradise.
- My best stories are found within the pages of my passport
- I haven’t been there yet but it’s on my list
- ⚫wanderlust ⚫a strong desire to travel
- Join me on my next adventure!
- Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
- All I need is Vitamin Sea 🌊
- I like taking the scenic route
- Take advantage of every opportunity you get because some things only happen once in a lifetime
- Fill your life with experiences so you always have a great story to tell
Instagram Bio Examples
- It’s better to be a lonely lion than a popular sheep
- Wake. Play. Slay.
- Creating the life of my dreams one day at a time
- I’ve scrolled millions of miles with my thumbs
- Life isn’t perfect but your photos can be
- C’est la vie
- I strive to impress myself
- See the good in the world
- Single and living my best life
- I may be a handful but hey you’ve got two hands!
The best Instagram bios can help elevate your Instagram account. Whether your goal is to grow your followers or make more sales you can add call to actions to your bio to get people to take action while on your profile. But don’t neglect the opportunity to share more about yourself. Are there quotes that perfectly describe you or is there a tone you want to showcase for your profile? Then feel free to throw that into your Insta bio too.
Which of these Instagram bios will you be adding to your profile? Comment below!
Want to Learn More?
- 200+ Best Instagram Captions and Selfie Quotes for Your Photos
- 40 Best instagram Accounts to Follow
- The Complete Guide to Growing Your Business with Instagram Marketing
- How to Get Verified on Instagram (Yup, Even You)
- These Instagram Apps Will Forever Change Your Instagram